Grow Sweet Potatoes Gardening Spain
Sweet potatoes are one of the healthiest and easiest vegetables you can grow.
The Spanish Gardening Index Page
How To Grow Sweet Potatoes Slips: Getting Started.
Just a few sweet potato slips will produce hundreds of pounds of potatoes. Sweet potatoes are one of the healthiest vegetables you can grow.
Growing sweet potatoes:
1) Put some sweet potatoes in a jar of water and set on a sunny, warm/hot window sill
2)Two weeks later, vines will have developed with many roots.
3) Cut the sweet potato vine (known as a slip) from the tuber, keeping the vine and the roots intact. It should be a near surgical procedure.
4) Plant the vine at an angle, burying 2/3 of the vine below the ground and only a third showing on top.
5) Rich garden loam with compost is best, and use a straw or sugar cane mulch.
6) Leaves can be used as boiled greens to replace spinach, or if you want leave the plant undisturbed and harvest the tubers as autumn ends.
Sweet Potato Harvest. This is the video so many of you have been waiting for, my sweet potato harvest.
I planted them in April in sand and sawdust and fed them with the Mittleider weekly feed mineral fertilizer.
I really didn’t do much more than that but the sweet potato harvest was amazing! Sweet potatoes are highly nutritious and store well when cured properly.
This is a great preparedness food. Please like, and share this video and check out the links below for more information. I look forward to your comments.
Sweet Potato flowers.
Low carbs need to be smart carbs.
Lucky for us, nature has given us the nutritious, delicious sweet potato.
This super food gives all the benefits of other high energy foods with more nutrition and without spiking blood sugar.
Plus, this humble tuber tastes great and is easily incorporated into your diet in seriously good ways.
Sweet Potato Power gives you the tools to run your own tests to determine the diet rules that work specifically for you and your unique biology. Through self experimentation you can cut through diet mumbo jumbo, and let science and your numbers speak for themselves
– How To Grow Sweet Potatoes Video Series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=…
– Purdue University “The Sweet Potato”: http://www.hort.purdue.edu/ext/ho-136…
– Mittleider Gardening Course Book: http://growfood.com/Mittleider-Garden.
GARDENING Hi This is an invitation to come and have a look at another Groups Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1623745237901625/ It is called Hints and tips about gardening in Spain. The pitfalls and the joys, For those with Balconies or a sizable plot. Limited advertising is allowed provided it is on subject. This will give those thinking of moving here a better idea as to how much more interesting Gardening is here in Spain.
Spain info covers local towns with local accommodation. Spain info also covers info local days out in Spain on the Mediterranean. With information on gardening in Spain Mediterranean style. with information on cooking Mediterranean style.
info also covers Bowls Clubs Golf Go Karting fishing Caves and other sports here in the Mediterranean.
also lists the Local Hot Water Spas many of them dating back to Roman times.
Spain Info Sweet potatoes San Francisco De Asis, Urb Marina, San Fulgencio, 03177, Alicante, Spain.