Los Balcones holiday rentals TORREVIEJA Orihuela
Los Balcones Holiday Rentals Los Balcones is built on the slopes of the “Saline De Torrevieja”. This salt lake is a “Parc Natural”, a protected wildlife area. The algae in the water gives the lake a pinkish tinge at certain times of the year CLICK IN FOR Further Guides and Interesting facts about Costa Blanca
Hotel Dona Monse Los Balcones
Hotel Doña Monse 223 Avenida Orihuela , 75 – Urb. Los Balcones, Torrevieja Score from 550 reviews: Very good 8.5 Latest booking: 8 hours ago Set in Los Balcones residential area, Hotel Doña Monse is 3 minutes’ drive from Torrevieja Beach. More
It offers a gym, spa and superb views over Torrevieja Lagoon from the rooftop pool and chill out terrace.
Modern air-conditioned rooms have free Wi-Fi, a flat-screen TV, safe and minibar. The private bathroom comes with a hairdryer, and some have a spa bath. Some rooms offer lagoon views.
The hotel spa includes a sauna and Turkish bath. A massage service is available and there is a beauty salon. More
Torrevieja This comfortable apartment is on the Los Balcones development in the town of Torrevieja on the Costa Blanca. There is a communal swimming pool. The holiday accommodation is on the first floor. More
It has a private roof terrace on the second floor. The front terrace enjoys a view of the swimming pool and the coast.
The pool is shared with twenty-four other holiday accommodations. The roof terrace has a delightful view of the mountains, the countryside and the surrounding citrus plantations.
You only have to drive three kilometres to the sandy beach at Orihuela Costa for a wonderful day at the sea.
You will 2 find shopping centres, good restaurants and eighteen-hole golf courses. such as Villamartin and Campoamor, in the vicinity. Elche. city of palms. is 50 km away. The historic cities of Alicante and Murcia are well worth a visit. You can also discover authentic Spanish villages and enjoy delightful cycling and walking trips.
Apartment: sleeps 4 MORE INFO
Torrevieja, Pink Lake (Salinas de Torrevieja)
12 interesting facts about pink salt lake in Torrevieja (Salinas de Torrevieja):
1. The World Health Organization has taken plenty of tests and confidently declared Salinas de Torrevieja and local microclimate as one of the healthiest in Europe.
2. There are bacteria which is 3.5 billion (!!!!) years old. It is a kind of halobacteria Halobacterium, which, frankly speaking, is no not the bacteria at all, it is an archaea halophytic. Thanks to this archaea halophytic the lake get pink and red shades.
3. What’s more turning these lakes pink? This does not happen without the help of Dunaliella…. who is this Dunaliella? It is a well-known Dunaliella Salina, – a special kind of algae, which is very rich in natural substances.
Dunaliella salina is quite edible,
no worse than a carrot or dill.
5. And here is one more fact about Dunaliella and why actually the lake is mega-useful. By the way, Dunaliella Salina is green in color.
When it finds itself in a too high concentration of salt, it immediately starts to work tirelessly, to make this lake one of the most valuable in the world! It produces b-carotene (provitamin A), glycerol and the fatty acids.
6. Salina de Torrevieja is one of the largest salt lakes in Europe
7. Thanks to this lake, Torrevieja is the second largest exporter of salt (the first place takes Germany -ESCO)
The salt extraction process does not harm nature and the environment, it happens owing to the method of salt`s evaporation
9. Where could you float on the surface of the water without even trying? The answer is the Dead Sea? Yes, but not only … also Salinas de Torrevieja .
10. Scientific evidence shows that lakes bring huge benefits for the prevention and treatment of diseases of the skin and lungs.
11. The color of Pink Lake is not always pink. The time of day and the seasons affect the color of Salinas de Torrevieja. Of course, it is never black or white, but its color varies from pale pink to purple-crimson.
12. Lakes of Torrevieja have healing microclimate and tremendous health benefits, and they also appear to be a free natural air conditioning. Local lakes help to accumulate the heat, so it is usually 5 degrees warmer in Torrevieja then in nearby cities such as Alicante and Cartagena. In summer – five degrees colder.
Los Balcones Holiday Rentals
Los BalconesThe CV-95 route runs through Los Balcones, this route links the N332 coast road with the AP37 motorway, and is the direct road from Torrevieja to San Miguel, and Orihuela.
The harbour town of Torrevieja, dates from Roman times, however the present town was rebuilt in 1860.
The main industries are tourism, salt exports, and fishing. With a population of some 81000, doubling in the height of the season, the town becomes quite busy, but never uncomfortably so. Generally it is a friendly cosmopolitan town, with plenty of bars, cafes, and restaurants.
The main airports of Alicante, (El Altet) to the north, and Murcia (San Javier) to the south, are about 37 kms distant.
In the evenings, stroll along the front, and look at the craft stalls. Our favourite stroll is the boardwalk at La Mata, usually about 10 in the evening, all the locals are out and about, chatting and walking, just enjoying the evening air.
There are some nice places to eat in La Mata, don't tell anyone else though, and we'll keep it secret
Orihuela - is a must for culture vultures,
this is old Spain at its best. Lots of lovely old cathedrals, and palaces to look around.
Elche - is world renowned for having the largest date palm groves outside of Africa. See them at the Municipal Gardens, or the Huerto del Cura.
Wildlife -This low lying area adjoining the sea has many salt lagoons, and marshy wetlands. The conservation area has many "Parc Naturals", where the birdlife is protected. View the flamingos, and experience the peace at La Mata, or El Fondo visitor centres.
Los Balcones Holiday Rentals
Info covers local towns with local accommodation. Also covers info local days out in Spain on the Mediterranean. with information on gardening in Spain Mediterranean style. Info with information on cooking Mediterranean style.
Also covers Bowls Clubs Golf Go Karting fishing Caves and other sports here in the Mediterranean.
Lists the Local Hot Water Spas many of them dating back to Roman times.
Horse Riding Breaks Find and compare 60 plus interesting horse riding hacking holidays in Espana
Horse riding Breaks in Spain goes back centuries and horses have helped build the Spanish empire, back in the day. This is why riding here is still very much a beloved tradition. Go on splendid rides on the Mediterranean beaches, in forests or even in the Sierra Nevada mountains. Whatever strikes your fancy, we are sure to have it! If you’re yearning for some awesome trails and stunning scenery, book any of our horse holidays right now!https://spain-info.co.uk/cooking-spanish-style/
Optimised April 5 P89 w 100 Sept 30 414927 H 74
Los Balcones Holiday Rentals
Spain Info, Los Balcones. San Francisco de Asis, Urb La Marina, San Fulgencio, 03177, Alicante, Spain
Disclaimer: Whilst every effort has been made to provide accurate information, no liability will be accepted for misinterpretation, misrepresentation, errors or omissions - the information provided by our Websites is for use as a guide only and is issued in good faith as information..
All photographs images and video material is subject to the understanding that as they are in the public domain they can be used and shared as seen to be appropriate and unless they show a sign that they are covered by copyright law. This also covers Social media operations.