Drunken Goat Murcia Spanish cheese ‘Murcia Al Vino’ Cheese in Spain
Drunken Goat Murcia cheese so called because it takes a bath in some red wine for a couple of days while being produced. Cheesy recipe books for fans of such.
Drunken Goat Murcia Drunken Goat Spanish cheese ‘Murcia Al Vino’ 450g.
Murcia al Vino – the ‘Drunken Goat’ cheese.
- Made using the pasteurised milk of the Murciana Goat.
- The rind is dipped twice during ripening process in red wine.
- Artisan-made Spanish product.
- Buy Spanish food direct from a UK based company.
- A small round of white, medium-textured pasteurised goats milk cheese, made using the milk of the Murciana Goat.
- The natural rind is dipped twice during the ripening process in red wine, so that it absorbs the fruity, slightly spicy flavour and aroma of the wine and also gives it its nickname of the ‘Drunken Goat’!
- Best drunk with a young red wine to complement the winey flavour of the cheese. (Denomination of Origin Murcia)
Murcia al Vino drunken goat cheese 2.2kg
Murcia al Vino – the ‘Drunken Goat’ cheese
Made using the pasteurised milk of the Murciana Goat
The rind is dipped twice during ripening process in red wine
Artisan-made Spanish product
Buy Spanish food direct from a UK based company
Drunken Goat Murcia!
Drunken Goat, aka Queso de Murcia al Vino is essentially a lovely semi-soft goat cheese from Spain that took a bath in some red wine for a couple of days. Some days, I envy the life of this cheese
The paste remains nearly pure white and the rind absorbs a lovely violet hue. The paste is sweet and smooth, delicately grapey, with a gentle, pliable texture and mild fruity flavor. A D.O.P cheese, it pairs well with medium fruity reds.
- Spanish goats milk cheese with the rind washed in wine
- Known as the ‘Drunken Goat’!
- Genuine Spanish artisan cheese
- Buy direct from UK based company
- A 2.2kg round of white, medium-textured pasteurised goats milk cheese, made using the milk of the Murciana Goat. (D.O. Murcia)
- The natural rind is dipped twice during the ripening process in red wine, so that the it absorbs the fruity, slightly spicy flavour and aroma of the wine and also gives it its nickname of the Drunken Goat!
- Best drunk with a young red wine to complement the winey flavour of the cheese.
Drunken Goat Murcia Ideal Present
Cheese is an ideal present. Drunken Goat is made only from milk from goats of the Murcian breed from registered herds which graze freely on scrub and coarse pasture characteristic of that dry geographical zone of Spain. The cheese is made in two following forms:
Fresh – presented in cylindrical cheeses of 2 sizes. 5-8cms (2-3 inches) high and 7–9 cm (3-4 inches) diameter weighing about 300grs., and 8–12 cm (3-5 inches) high and 12–18 cm (3-4 inches) diameter and weighing 1 kg.(2.2 lbs) or 2 kg (4.4 lbs).
Cured – presented in cylinders 7–9 cm(3-4 inches) high and 12-18cms.(3-4 inches) diameter weighing 1 kg.(2.2 lbs) or 2 kg (4.4 lbs).
Drunken Goat Spanish cheese ‘Murcia Al Vino’
Leon Valdeon Blue Cheese Leo from Castilla y Leon Spain
Leon Valdeon Blue Cheese Leon Valdeon is one of the best known Spanish blue cheeses, from Leon, high in the Picos de Europa mountains in Castilla y Leon Cheesy recipe books for fans of such.
Spanish Wines from Spain selection of areas and types
Wine is an ideal present. And a great way of surprising relatives and or friends. Ideal at Christmas or for Anniversaries and of course as a Birthday present
Cooking holidays in Spain, for all food lovers
Do you love Spanish cuisine so much that you want to learn how to cook it?
Then, there is no better way to learn than to go on a cooking holiday in Spain. Select the destination of your choice and let some of the best Spanish chefs out there introduce you to creating some of the most delicious Spanish dishes.
Reserve yourself a spot on one of our many cooking vacations in Spain and become the culinary master you know you can be!
Online real Greek cooking courses
Real Greek cooking Courses a selection from top Chefs to fit in with when it is convenient for yourself to take part. Been thinking of stepping up your culinary skills? Then this is your opportunity
Optimised March 8 P92 W 100 Nov 6 H 85 Jan 31
San Francisco De Asis, Urb Marina, San Fulgencio, 03177, Alicante, Spain.2345
Disclaimer: Whilst every effort has been made to provide accurate information, no liability will be accepted for misinterpretation, misrepresentation, errors or omissions - the information provided by our Websites is for use as a guide only and is issued in good faith as information..
All photographs images and FILM material is subject to the understanding that as they are in the public domain they can be used and shared as seen to be appropriate and unless showing a sign that they are covered by copyright law. This also covers Social media operations.